- Cylinder Head Shop
- Diesel Rebuilder
- Drag Racing
- Engine Building
- Jobber Shop
- Performance Racing
- Small Engines
- MANUALMATIC – a brand new concept has been added to these machines which should increase productivity by 30-50%. During seat cutting, the operator does not have to operate any buttons or switches, simply turn the spindle feed steering wheel up and down and the control takes care of all the functions like workhead float/clamp, pilot centering in the valve guide and spindle on/off. When depth of seat is reached, the control automatically changes spindle RPM to high/finish speed to give equal depth of every seat and consistent surface finish results.
- MANUAL – the buttons on touch screen are the same as the previous SGM machines. There is no external dial gage, the spindle vertical position is displayed on the touch screen. Simply feed the spindle down until the cutting insert touches the valve seat, touch set zero button and then the digital display will show exactly where the spindle is at all times. The change from low to high/finishing speed is easier as there are 2 separate buttons. The foot pedal for clamp and float of workhead has been eliminated and now controlled on touch screen for manual and automatically for MANUALMATIC.
The Rottler SG9MTS spindle is mounted on a sphere which allows the UNIPILOT to automatically center with the valve guide centerline while the Workhead is floating on air cushions. Once air floating stops and the Workhead clamps, the UNIPILOT and valve guide centerline are maintained while cutting the valve seat.
- ACTIVE SPINDLE - Spherical Pneumatic Automatic Alignment System built into the Spindle for fast location of the pilot into the Valve Guide and Accurate Centering (Patent Pending)
- Air Float Work Head
- Heavy Duty Spindle - Diameter 3.150” (80mm) Hardened and Ground with 8” (200mm) of hand wheel vertical travel.
- Rottler Automatic Tightening and Quick Release Spindle Lock Nut System for One Hand Operation for fitting and removing tooling to and from the spindle – never comes loose!
Gives Best Concentricity
Rottler's Rigid Precision carbide centering UNIPILOTS are manufactured to less than one tenth (.002mm) tolerance.
Combined with the light weight air float Workhead the SG9MTS gives perfect centering in the valve guide and the best concentricity of any machine on the market.